November 14th, 2017
Town Hall with Justice & Beyond on the dysfunction of the Sewerage & Water Board in New Orleans.
- ACV supports the Full platform of our allies in the struggle to reform SWB especially no privatization ever.
- ACV also supports a lower rate structure for low to mdoerate income people, especially the elderly and disabled residents.
- Flooding is a problem for many reasons, and it includes that it discourages former residents from returning.
- The SWB needs a full-service plan to remove all lead lines in the entire system. We would like the details of this plan to be calendarized and made transparent.
- The SWB needs to manage a program that includes a long-term plan to audit each residential property to notify the owner and residents of all sources of lead in their system, as well as to install certified filters at the main faucet used for drinking and cooking in each residence. and to train the residents how to replace the filters.