Funding for the FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program is at risk. These funds are used to elevation homes, acquire and demolish flood prone buildings and protect our neighborhoods from flooding.
Tell them how much Louisiana and the rest of the country needs full funding for flood protection.
- I’m concerned and urge you to oppose inclusion of Sec. 2009 of the H.R. 4667, the 3rd Disaster Supplemental passed by the U.S. House of Representatives this past December.
- Sec. 2009 would siphon scarce dollars away from FEMA projects that help people and communities reduce their risk of flooding and allow Corps of Engineers projects to receive funding through a backdoor.
- The Corps already spends 9 times more on levees and stream channelization projects than FEMA does on home buyouts, home elevations, and protecting public infrastructure.
- FEMA’s funds need to stay put and not be diverted to more costly and less cost-effective Army Corps of Engineers projects.
- Please oppose inclusion of Sec. 2009 in any disaster supplemental that the U.S. Senate votes on.